Learning & Development
Learning and development across the Connexion is delivered by Districts and the Learning Network
The work for the Learning Network has four aims:
- nurturing and equipping Christ-like disciples
- challenging and equipping mission-shaped communities
- forming and equipping those who share in lay and ordained ministry
- enabling and encouraging creative thinkers in an environment of scholarship, research and innovation.
The Learning Network functions in…
- eleven teams located in regions & nations
- three teams focusing on a particular specialism … discipleship development | church and community development | ministry development
- two centres … Cliff College in Derbyshire and The Queen’s Foundation in Birmingham
- scholarship, research and innovation underpins much of the work
There are three districts covered by the East Central Region: Lincolnshire, Nottingham & Derby and Northampton. East Central DMLN team is headed up by a Regional Co-ordinator who is supported by 3 Learning & Development Officers. As well as working more broadly, each post-holder has a remit for one of three specialisms.
See the website for East Central Learning Network Region at http://www.methodist.org.uk/learning/network-regions/east-central-region
Jane Bingham | Regional Coordinator | Church & Community
Jane has worked within the learning and development field for the Methodist Church for a number of years and as a consequence has been involved in many initiatives including a gathered model of LP training. Prior to that she worked as a training professional & manager, amongst other things, in the public and private sectors including the worlds of banking, outsourced customer service, power generation, the NHS and the civil service.
Email: [email protected] Mobile: 07799 900487
Gill Thomas | Learning & Development Officer | Church & Community
Gill has a background in Youth & Community Work & FE teaching. She has worked for the statutory and charity sectors in various parts of England —Lancashire, Merseyside, Wiltshire, Northumberland and RAF Stations in the Midlands & North. Her passions lie in social justice and equipping people to be the change in their world.
Email: [email protected] Mobile: 07799 902581
Nigel Pimlott | Learning & Development Officer | Discipleship
Nigel has spent much of his adult life working with young people, youth workers, churches and community organisations, most notably for Frontier Youth Trust. As a trainer, thinker, strategist and coach he has a passion for mission, innovation, creativity and helping people make a difference in the world. He has written several books — Youth Work After Christendom, Glimpses, and Embracing the Passion.
E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: 07799 900468